Lorne the Merciless
The reason why lowering stats from 8 breaks point buys
Male Mongrelfolk Bbn3/Ftr2; CR 5;
Medium Humanoid (human);
HD 2d10+3d12+30; hp 77;
Init +7; Spd 40 ft/x4;
AC 19 (+5 armor, +3 dex, +1 deflection), touch 14, flat-footed 19;
Base Atk/Grapple +5/+13;
Full Atk +11 Two-handed (1d12+7;20/x3, +1 Greataxe);
SA&SQ Fast Movement(Ex), Rage, Uncanny Dodge(Ex), Trap Sense(Ex);
SR 0; AL CE; SV Fort +12, Ref +4, Will +3;
Str 18(+4), Dex 16(+3), Con 22(+6), Int 3(-4), Wis 14(+2), Cha 2(-4);
Skills: Jump¹ +17.
Traits: Farsighted (UA Pg 87) : Gain +1 on Spot checks, -1 Search., Hard of Hearing (UA Pg 88) : Gain +1 on Spot checks, -2 to listen.
Flaws: Pathetic (UA Pg 91) : Reduce on ability score by 2. You can’t take this flaw if the total of your ability modifiers is 8 or higher., Shaky (UA Pg 91) : -2 on all ranged attack rolls.
Feats: Improved Initiative (PH 96), Power Attack (PH 98), Weapon Focus (PH 102) (Greataxe), Eyes in the Back of Your Head (CW 98), Leap Attack (CAd 110), Tireless (PG 46), Jotunbrud (Rac 166).
• Immunity to sleep effects
• Low-Light Vision
• Emulate Race (Ex): As emulate race function of the Use magic Device skill. Automatically emulate any humanoid race, +4 racial bonus on non-humanoid races.
• Sound Imitation (Ex): A mongrelfolk can mimic any voice or sound she has heard. DC 16 Will save to detect.
• Diffuse Blood: +2 racial bonus on saves vs spells that target a particular race.
• +1 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment and illusion spells and effects and against poison.
• +1 racial bonus on Appraise, Climb, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.
• +4 racial bonus on Hide and Sleight of Hand checks.
• Fast Movement(Ex): +10 to speed when in medium armor or lighter and not carrying a heavy load.
• Rage: You can fly into a screaming frenzy once per encounter, up to 1 time per day. This gives +4 to Strength and Constitution, +10 hit points, and a +2 morale bonus to Will saves, but gives a -2 penalty to AC. Cannot use any skills that require patience or concentration while enraged. Your rage lasts up to 11 rounds.
• Uncanny Dodge(Ex): You retain your Dexterity bonus to AC even if flatfooted or struck by an invisible attacker.
• Trap Sense(Ex): +1 to Reflex saves and AC against traps.
Initial Buy: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 6 = 38 pts
Mongrel: +4 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha (but Int must be >= 3)
Flaw: Total bonus is +6, so Pathetic (Int)
At level 5, standard +11 atk, 1d12+7 dmg.
With crit, +11 atk, 3d12+21 dmg.
With PA/LA, +6 atk, 1d12+27 dmg.
With PA/LA/crit, +6 atk, 3d12+81 dmg.